Tobacco Control in Ontario: How Well Are We Doing and Where Can We Improve?
Findings from OTRU’s Annual Strategy Monitoring Report
Date: Tuesday, March 21, 2017 | 1:30pm – 3:00pm (EST)
Language: English | Format: 90-minutes (online)
Drawing on information from population-level surveys, program evaluations and administrative data, the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit’s Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Monitoring Report presents up-to-date evaluative information about the accomplishments and challenges of comprehensive tobacco control in Ontario.
This webinar will provide an overview of the current status of tobacco control in Ontario by answering the following questions:
- At what rate are people using various tobacco products including cigarettes, cigars, e-cigarettes?
- Are fewer youth using tobacco? What about young adults? Who is using cannabis?
- How well are renewed cessation efforts succeeding?
- Where are people still exposed to second-hand smoke?
- Dr. Robert Schwartz – Executive Director, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; Professor, Dalla Lana School of Public Health, University of Toronto
- Dr. Shawn O’Connor – Senior Research Associate, Ontario Tobacco Research Unit
Presented by OTRU under the auspices of The Program Training and Consultation Centre (PTCC).