Dalla Lana School of Public Health
155 College Street
Phone: (416) 978-8843
Fax: (416) 946-0340
Emily Taylor is a Research Officer at the Ontario Tobacco Research Unit. Emily supports various Knowledge Exchange Support (KES) projects with Tobacco Control Area Networks (TCANs) and Public Health Units (PHUs) related to tobacco control “end game”, community tobacco cessation interventions, and youth tobacco use prevention. She also contributes to a new program of research on public health policy, and is the Editorial Assistant for the Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation (CJPE).
Current and Recent Projects
- Applied Public Health Policy Research Institute
- Knowledge Exchange Support
- Canadian Journal of Program Evaluation (CJPE)
- Developmental Evaluation of the Workplace Cessation Initiative
- The Ethics of Food and Beverage Advertising to Children (FACE)
- Evaluation of the CAN-ADAPTT project
- Utilization of Smoking Cessation Fee Codes by Ontario General Practitioners and Family Physicians
- Provision of Smoking Cessation by Ontario Dental Health Professionals
Kaufman P, Borland T, Luk R, Taylor E, Lambraki I, Bondy S, Schwartz R. Workplace-Based Cessation Demonstration Projects Evaluation-Final Report. Toronto: Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; 2015.
Mah CL, Taylor E, Hoang S, Cook B. Using vignettes to tap into moral reasoning in public health policy: Practical advice and design principles from a study on food advertising to children. American Journal of Public Health 2014 Oct;104(10):1826–1832.
Mah CL, Cook B, Hoang S, Taylor E. Municipal action on food and beverage marketing to children and youth. Barrett DH, Bolan G, Dawson A, Ortman L, Reis A, Saenz C, editors. Global Perspectives on Public Health Ethics: A Casebook. Atlanta: Centers for Disease Control and Prevention; 2016.
Mah CL, Cook B, Hoang S, Taylor E. Towards a broader understanding of citizenship in policy debate on food advertising to children. In Röcklinsberg H and Sandin P, editors. The Ethics of Consumption: The Citizen, The Market and the Law. Wageningen: Waginengen Academic Publishers; 2013.
Babayan A, Dubray J, Taylor E, Schwartz R. Smoking Cessation Activities in Ontario Hospitals: Survey Results. Toronto: Ontario Tobacco Research Unit; 2011.