OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
You can also search our publications using the general website search on the top right. OTRU publications, books and journal articles by staff members are found in the Online Library catalogue.
Project Update: December 2015
Authors: Alexa Minichiello, Ginnie Ng, Bo Zhang, Robert Schwartz
Date: December 2015
This newsletter focuses on the results from the health effects and patterns of use knowledge syntheses, analysis of Ontario survey data as well as preliminary results of the Adult Longitudinal Panel 6-month follow-up survey. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
This update provides a snapshot of two current projects supported by OTRU’s Knowledge and Evaluation Support Team: Monitoring the Integration of the 5As Approach to Cessation in Central West Ontario, and Tobacco Vendor Education: A Needs Assessment in Halton Region. Read more…
Many researchers use a definition of quit attempt that requires any attempt at cessation to last longer than 24 hours. Using data from OTRU’s Ontario Tobacco Survey, this update examines factors associated with making quit attempts that last more than 24 hours compared to those of shorter duration. Read more…
This newsletter, the fourth in a series from OTRU’s Research on E-Cigarettes (RECIG) project, focuses on the results of youth and young adult interviews and provides an update on RECIG’s Adult and the Youth and Young Adult Surveys. Read more…