OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
You can also search our publications using the general website search on the top right. OTRU publications, books and journal articles by staff members are found in the Online Library catalogue.
Project Newsletter: June 2015
Authors: Emily Di Sante, Bo Zhang, Robert Schwartz
Date: June 2015
OTRU, in partnership with the Centre for Addiction and Mental Health (CAMH), has undertaken a multi-component research study of e-cigarettes. This project newsletter provides an update on our social media analysis, knowledge synthesis, adult longitudinal study and youth and young adult survey.. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
This newsletter reports on evaluation findings relevant to the construction sector. Findings have been drawn from: surveys with intervention participants, and qualitative interviews and focus groups with employees, program participants, workplace leaders and public health practitioners. Read more…
The workplace demonstration projects aimed to reduce present levels of smoking in industry sectors with high prevalence of smoking, such as construction, mining, manufacturing, and hospitality and service. This newsletter reports on evaluation findings relevant to the manufacturing sector. Read more…
Project highlights in this issue include: plans to evaluate TO2015 Smoke-Free Games Policy of the 2015 Pan Am/Parapan Games and evaluation plans for the Niagara Pharmacy Pilot Program. Read more… Read more…