OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
OTRU Update: August 2018
Authors: Rita Luk, Robert Schwartz
Date: August 2018
Ontario’s youth exposure to tobacco use in movies remains substantial. Requiring any movie that contains tobacco imagery be assigned an adult rating (18A) in Ontario could considerably decrease smoking initiation among youth. The 2017 data for top-grossing movies released in Ontario theatres is now available. A preview of the data indicates that it is consistent with the trend between 2004 and 2016. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
Using baseline data from Smokers’ Panel, this study explored gender differences in the use of smoking cessation services and resources. Read more…
This report presents evaluative information about the activities and results of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and describes Strategy infrastructure and interventions, analyzes population-level changes, and explores the contributions of interventions. Read more…