OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
Project Newsletter: December 2017
Authors: Diemert L, Schwartz R and O’Connor S
Date: December 2017
This Project Newsletter summarizes current activities underway for the Research on E-cigarettes and Waterpipe (RECIG-WP) study. We report key findings from our Point-of-Sale study, awareness of heat-not-burn products among recent smokers in Ontario, and the most prominent Google searches related to e-cigarettes. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
This report updates the evidence statements from The Smoke-Free Ontario Scientific Advisory Committee report, Evidence to Guide Action: Comprehensive Tobacco Control in Ontario (2016) (SFO-SAC 2016), with the most recent evidence from systematic literature reviews. Read more…
Tobacco cessation interventions by healthcare providers have been shown to significantly increase cessation rates. Three surveys were conducted in 2013, 2015 and 2017 to explore the state of tobacco cessation practices and services in the Central West Tobacco Control Area Network region. Read more…
This brief Project News update on health insurance coverage and smoking cessation treatments presents the effectiveness of insurance coverage, factors affecting the adoption of insurance coverage by employers, and insurance coverage for smoking cessation treatments in Ontario. Read more…