OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
Project Newsletter: July 2018
Authors: Bo Zhang, Michael Chaiton, Robert Schwartz
Date: July 2018
Using baseline data from Smokers’ Panel, this study explored gender differences in the use of smoking cessation services and resources. The study found that female smokers were more likely to use the nicotine patch, varenicline, Smokers’ Helpline phone and online programs, self-help materials and alternative methods, as well as a combination of these services/resources when trying to quit or reduce smoking. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
This report presents evaluative information about the activities and results of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and describes Strategy infrastructure and interventions, analyzes population-level changes, and explores the contributions of interventions. Visit the 2017 Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy Monitoring Report page to download the full report, executive summary, separate chapters or the infographic posters Read more…
Ontario’s ban on menthol flavouring in tobacco was one of the first internationally. OTRU is evaluating the impacts of this cutting edge regulation. Read more…
This newsletter presents the evidence of smoking cessation interventions in Indigenous populations, and smoking cessation programs targeting indigenous populations in Ontario. Read more…