OTRU evidence-based publications serve a variety of information needs:
- OTRU Updates summarize highlights from recent research and evaluation findings.
- Special Reports provide overviews and syntheses of research in special topic areas.
- Strategy Monitoring Reports analyze the progress of the Smoke-Free Ontario Strategy and document changes in the province’s tobacco control climate.
- Evaluation and Project Newsletters update communities on local tobacco use statistics and how local tobacco control initiatives are working.
- Infographics visually present findings from OTRU studies
The most recent OTRU publications are listed below.
You can find our publications by browsing All OTRU Publications (by year/type of report) or by choosing options on the righthand sidebar: search by type of publication, or search by topic area. Choosing one of these options will display a list of all relevant publications.
Project Newsletter: October 2018
Authors: Lori Diemert, Robert Schwartz, Shawn O’Connor
Date: October 2018
As part of the Health System Research Fund, OTRU’s Research on E-Cigarettes and Waterpipe (RECIG-WP) grant has established a Youth and Young Adult Panel Study to help understand what happens over time to young people who vape. In March 2018, 1049 Canadian youth and young adults were recruited from social media and a recontact list from the Leave the Pack Behind initiative. Study participants are being contacted over eighteen months. Read more…
Other Recent Publications
E-cigarettes are now being aggressively marketed at point-of-sale in convenience stores as well as in vape shops, with and without claims about health effects and about smoking cessation effectiveness. Read more…
The 2017 data for top-grossing movies released in Ontario theatres is now available. A preview of the data indicates that it is consistent with the trend between 2004 and 2016. Read more…
Using baseline data from Smokers’ Panel, this study explored gender differences in the use of smoking cessation services and resources. Read more…